Friday, August 28, 2015

What Greyhaus Is Looking For: Historicals and Inspirationals

So, we are down to the last two genres Greyhaus represents - historical romance and inspirational romance. I don't have much to say on these two so it will be pretty short and sweet. I would also argue that most of the information I provided in the prior posts applies to these two genres.

As far as Historical romance goes, I am pretty much open to any time period, although right now Regency is doing really well. Please note, however, that I have several VERY strong historical authors right now, so I am not looking for people would be in competition with them.

If you write in this genre, make sure you know your time period. I am not a big fan of authors who only use those basic level source books for their "historical research."

When it comes to Inspirational romance, please note I only acquire for Harlequin Love Inspired. If you are interested in the larger single title Christian market, this is not the place for you.

One pet peeve I have with this genre are the stories where the preaching is really shoved down our throat. I don't like stories where every time I turn a page, the hero or heroine is Bible quoting. This is too much for me. I just want to see the transformation of one or both characters through their faith and action.


So, to wrap things up, if you do have any other questions about the types of stories I am looking for, please do not hesitate to email me. I'll do my best to answer those questions for you.

Finally, stay tuned here for the official announcement of when Greyhaus is open to submissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment